Sunday, September 12, 2010

'Twas the Night Before

Dear Jack,

I'm sitting here and have been watching you, all day. Well, actually I've been watching you since the day you were born. But today I've really been observing you. I cannot believe this day is almost here. Tomorrow is a big day for you and I. Tomorrow you will start pre-Kindergarten. You are ready. You are so ready. I just hope they are ready for you. I've been able to plan, protect and filter all of your interactions with the world thus far. However, tomorrow morning once you get onto that bus you are on your own. At least for 3 hours. I cannot be there to give you guidance, reminders or cues. I just have to trust that I've taught you well and that you are smart enough to make your own decisions. What I love about you is your ability to take on the world with open eyes. You approach each and every interaction with a curiosity and a sense of wonder that takes my breath away. You have been allowed limited access to certain big kid things, and I want you to stay true to who you are always. Today when that big kid spat at you twice I watched you walk back home with your head hanging. You were upset and confused. But you came home for comfort and encouragement. Keep coming home. We will always be here to give you whatever it is you need to keep growing and venturing out into the world. Be the "Mayor" of your class. Get to know everyone, for everyone has something to share with you. Dazzle everyone with your spirited light and immerse yourself in this new independent experience. I will miss you while you are at school, as I do whenever you are away from me. I cannot wait to hear how your days are once you return home each day. I'm so proud of you and am so proud to be your mom. Go Get 'em Bubba!!!

Love,

Mom

1 comment:

  1. This is the best! Have a tear. You are the best mommy. Wanna be just like you!

    ReplyDelete