Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Thud!

This was the sound we woke up to this morning. THUD! And then a cry. Jacks cry. Jacks "I'm hurt" cry.

Visions of a broken arm flashed across my mind and I shrugged my shoulders and thought "it was only a matter of time". No broken bones this morning. He had been in Maddies crib, "showing her my owies", and fell out en route back to his bed.

But a bite on Maddies arm a little later cost him ALL of his Imagination Movers gear. This was a big deal. He worked all morning to get his stuff back, with reminders from me and his auntie.

Mostly a typical day for us. Visit to the zoo, nap with Noah, a movie, dinner and baths.

I didn't have much to write today, which just might be a good thing. Then Jack picked me to rock him before bed.

Maddie was still awake and joined in the rocking chair ritual. She stood in her crib and reached out to feel my hair. I sung a few of our favorites and then tucked each in bed.

Nothing too frilly, nothing too fancy...but a tender moment all the same.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment